I am sorry that I do not have much time theese days but I am planning to release a brandnew version of the imageprocessing library. This time I hope some of you already used it and have some ideas about improvements.
Here is the plan for the new features:
- JPEG encoding (complete, using modified version of Tinic Uro’s encoder)
- PNG encoding (complete, using modified version of Tinic Uro’s encoder)
- Experiments on very fast mean values (using a Matrix approach orginally comming from Mario Klingemann)
- Implementation of a fast interpolated/non-interpolated warp filter (using tesselation technique by André Michelle)
- Interpolated levels correction
- Simple drawing API (anti-aliased and normal lines complete, text and other primitives missing)
- New core class for a layered image (supporting also blend-modes on layers)
- Full alpha-channel support
As you can see some of the stuff is already complete. Other stuff is missing. The warp filter for instance has never been tested by me before but I have a lot of code here to implement that beast on a fast way. I could also think of two resolutions like I have done it with the sepia filter (QuickSepia and Sepia classes). Beacuse creating a simple warp filter using bilinear interpolation is not that hard. The only problem is, that it will be slow. The other technique uses the Flash drawing API to warp the image (and also for interpolation) but it is not 100% correct.
Another problem is that I lost the batch file for the ASDoc generation. But this is of course a minor issue. Stay tuned!