As I told you I will have a closer look on hydra and the results are nice. I was able to build a Spherize, SinePlasma and OldschoolPlasma in about an hour. I think you have to keep in mind that Hydra will work together with Flash. Plasma functions are a good example because you could generate the texture in grayscale using Hydra and then use a paletteMap() in Flash.
I am not so sure about the spherize though. I have one if-statement inside and they are not allowed if you use Flash. Funny new problems will pop up but I have a good feeling and one thing is for sure: the syntax and editor are already better than what we have with AS3/FlexBuilder! Highlightning of matching brackets, no stupid function and no var keywords. Finally! Can I have that with AS3 please?
- Oldschool – Simple oldschool plasma effect. You have to use a color palette with this.
- Ripple filter – Sine distortion for an image.
- Sineplasma – Sine plasma with adjustable levels, frequency and amplitude.
- Spherize filter – Spherical displacement map with adjustable center, radius and refraction strength.
- Structure – Filter with adjustable 3×3 structuring function.
- Warp – I wanted to do an affine transformation until I found out it does not work with the way hydra works. I will try again.
- Gamma correction – Look how simple it is!
- Pixelate – Could not be easier than that.
- Sepia – I hate those ColorMatrixFilter sepia effects. Now this one is fast and has nice quality using Y-transform.
- Quantization – A color quantization filter.